Admissions & Aid
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please consider this page as the first resource for answers to queries about applying to the LUMS undergraduate and graduate programmes. If you do not find answers to your questions here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I apply using the paper application?
- We only accept applications submitted electronically. This allows us to process your application more quickly. It also keeps you informed of the status of your application throughout the process by checking it online.
- How do I create an account?
Online application account can be created through LUMS website i.e. www.lums.edu.pk.
To create an online application account with LUMS Online application system, you are required to have a valid email address. Please use your Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail account to create your online application account. Applicants are advised to have at least two active email addresses so that in case of any problem with their email account they can still correspond with the LUMS Office of Admissions through their second address.
It is advised to create only ONE ACCOUNT for the online application submission.
- Why do I need to list ALL schools I've attended?
- It's important for us to get a complete and accurate picture of your academic history. Failure to list and submit transcripts from all institutions previously attended is considered to be a violation of academic ethics and may result in the cancellation of your admission or dismissal from the university.
- I uploaded my transcripts to my application; do I still need to mail copies to your office?
- Yes, attested official copies of transcripts are required. Uploading copies of your transcripts with your application will help expedite the review of your application. However, all transcripts uploaded by applicants are considered “unofficial” copies. Your admission decision may be delayed if you do not submit official copies of your transcripts.
- How do I register for LUMS Admission test(s)?
- You are able to register for the respective test through Online Admission Application.
- Is there an application processing charges?
- Yes, there is an online application processing fee; except where explicitly waived.
- Are there any charges for LUMS Admission tests aswell?
- Yes, applicants have to pay fee for each test in addition to the application processing fee; except where explicitly waived.
- Can I submit application after the deadline?
- No, online application after the deadline will automatically stop working; therefore, we encourage you to submit application well before the deadline in order to avoid any inconvenience.
- If I get supporting documents in late will it negatively impact my application?
- Admission to our programme is competitive. It is in your best interest to apply and submit all of the required documents early. Please make sure that you review the deadline submission date for your programme of choice.
- Is it possible to make changes to the online application after submitting it?
- No, you can't make changes to application once it's submitted; therefore, you are advised to fill out your application carefully.
- How do I know if my application was submitted?
- When the application is submitted you will also receive an e-mail notifying you that your application has been submitted. At that time, you can continue to check the status of your application in your Online Application Account.
- What is a mailing label?
- Mailing label has especially been designed for your convenience; as it bears not only your name, tracking/application ID, schools applied to but also complete address for correspondence. After the successful submission of your application form you will be able to print the Mailing Label. The LUMS Admissions Office will only accept that package that contains the “Mailing Label”.
- When will I receive an admission decision?
- Typically, applicants receive a decision between March - June. We strive to notify applicants as soon as possible, but please note that the timeframe may vary by programme. Decisions administered by the LUMS Admissions Office are considered to be official. Admission letters are sent through postal mail. We are unable to release admission decisions via phone.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the application process?
- If you have any question about the application process then you can e-mail us at email@example.com
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the programme?
- If you have any question regarding programme then please visit the relevant link on LUMS website: www.lums.edu.pk