Admissions & Aid
Fee Structure (2014-15)
The following fee structure is for fully paying students. LUMS is proud to offer generous financial assistance to qualifying students, which ranges from partial to full coverage of tuition and living costs. Details here.
|Cost per credit hour (Undergraduate)||
19,550 per credit hour
|Cost per credit hour (Graduate)||
18,250 per credit hour
|Undergraduate full time (12-20 credit hours)||
234,600 per semester
|Graduate (9 credit hours)||
164,250 per semester
|MBA Tuition Fee (per semester)||
321,000 per semester
|EMBA Tuition Fee (per semester)||
299,600 per semester
|Admission Fee (Undergraduate Programmes)||
54,000 one time charge
|Admission Fee (Graduate Programmes)||
50,000 one time charge
|Registration Fee - Undergraduate Programmes (per semester)||
17,500 per semester
|Registration Fee - Graduate Programmes (per semester)||
16,250 per semester
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||
15,000 one time charge
|Lab Charges per semester (SBASSE Undergraduate programmes only)||
59,000 per semester
|MBA/EMBA Admission Fee (one time charge)||
64,500 one time charge
|MBA/EMBA Registration Fee (per semester)||
17,500 one time charge
|MBA SOP Charges (one time charge)||
16,000 one time charge
|MBA Reading Material (per semester)||
14,750 per semester
|EMBA Reading Material (per semester)||
20,600 per semester
|Smart Card Charges (one time charge)||
950 one time charge
|Hostel Charges (per semester)||
26,250 per semester
|Hostel Registration Fee (per year)||
1,600 per year
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||
13,000 one time charge
2,200 per semester
Admission Application Related Fees
|Application Processing Fee||
4,700 per programme
|LCAT Registration Fee||
|SBASSE Undergraduate Admission Test Fee||
|LMAT Registration Fee||
|LGAT and LUMS Subject Test Registration Fee (Graduate Programmes)||3,500|
- Tuition at LUMS – in all programmes except MBA and EMBA – is based on the number of credit hours taken.
- MBA and EMBA have a standard full-time tuition per semester.
- The cost per credit-hour at LUMS Undergraduate Programme for 2014-15 is PKR 19,550. Students will be responsible for buying their own books and other reading material.
- The cost per credit-hour at LUMS Graduate Programme (except MBA and EMBA) for 2014-15 is PKR 18,250. Students will be responsible for buying their own books and other reading material.
- In all undergraduate programmes at LUMS, full-time status requires 12 credit hours per semester. Students who have paid full-time tuition can take up to a maximum of 20 undergraduate credit hours per semester without any additional charge (i.e., a student who has paid full-time tuition can take between 12-20 credit hours per semester without any extra charge).
- At the graduate level (except MBA and EMBA) tuition is calculated on the basis of credit-hours taken. Typically, full-time students in graduate degrees take 9 credit-hours per semester.
- The tuition for the MBA programme is PKR 321,000 per semester and for the EMBA programme is PKR 299,600 per semester.
- SBASSE Undergraduate Students will be charged Lab Charges for the maximum of 4 years only. SBASSE students who require to take courses beyond this will not be charged any additional Lab Charges (if 4 years have already been charged).
- Part time students are not eligible for Financial Aid or for on-campus accommodation.
- Fees are payable by semester according to the schedule given in the Annual Fee Bill.
- Fees for Transfer, Visiting and Auditing students will be charged according to the standard per credit-hour rate.
- In case of withdrawal from the programme, fee will be refunded according to the refund policy available at LUMS website.
- University Fees are usually announced once each year, for the following academic year. However, tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Fee payment instructions will be given on the fee voucher, LUMS also has an online payment facility