In an increasingly uncertain business environment, the task of managing has become more complex and demanding. The key to business survival in the future lies in developing leaders who can effectively respond to the rapidly unfolding challenges of tomorrow. The LUMS Executive MBA (EMBA), offered by the Suleman Dawood School of Business has been designed precisely to cater to this need.
The Executive MBA programme is designed for mid-career managers and entrepreneurs who are keen to take on greater challenges and make an impact on the productivity of their organisations. These individuals can leverage their rich work experience through a world-class management education programme in the form of the LUMS Executive MBA.
The weekend programme has been structured to enable busy managers to acquire management education while fulfilling regular professional responsibilities.
The courses in EMBA have been carefully selected to provide both depth and breadth of a rigorous, world class management programme. While starting with the fundamentals of each functional area, the courses quickly step up to advanced levels in order to maximise learning of a group of highly experienced managers. This helps participants develop an understanding at the operational and strategic levels in each business area.
As a student, the Executive MBA participant experiences different perspectives from the entire Executive MBA class comprising of individuals from diverse backgrounds. They get the opportunity to interact with each other and discuss solutions to complex case situations in the presence of instructors that have international exposure. Lively peer interaction is an integral part of the learning process and the LUMS SDSB classroom provides a rich climate for discussion.
Once a participant gets to familiarise with the entire class and the professors in the
SOP, the programme translates into an enjoyable journey. The experience derived from an Executive MBA class gives you the confidence and the leadership qualities
to tackle even the worst case scenarios amicably. Lectures, videos and computer
exercises complement the classroom experience. Strong personal ties and associations are developed across different industries that serve as a dependable
mentor base for lifetime.
Benefits to Participants
Participants will be able to:
- Get ready to assume a leadership role
- Accelerate their career growth
- Acquire advanced management skills without disrupting their career
- Expand opportunities, gain critical skills and secure a competitive advantage
- Learn by sharing perspectives with a diverse group of seasoned professionals
- Develop an effective network of peers and mentors
- Gain exposure to an extremely rigorous, stressful and demanding work routine, reshaping their work attitude and ethics
Benefits to Sponsoring Organisations
Sponsoring organisations will be able to:
- Improve their organisation’s productivity, performance and profitability by increasing the effectiveness of key managers
- Retain and motivate high achievers in their organisation
- Develop a pool of sophisticated leaders who will enable their organisation to take on global challenges
- Reduce their human development costs
- Keep abreast of the global best practices and the skill set required to combat the challenges of an expanding business
Here is a broad range of organisations that have sponsored their high achievers for the LUMS Executive MBA:
- AES Lal Pir Thermal Power Station
- Atlas Honda Ltd.
- Army Welfare Trust
- A.F. Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants
- Agha Khan Housing
- Allied Bank of Pakistan
- Askari Commercial Bank
- Askari Leasing Company Ltd.
- Atlas Battery Ltd.
- Atlas Investment Bank
- Aventis Ltd.
- Aztech Marketing
- Bank Alfalah Ltd.
- Bata Pakistan Ltd.
- BOC Pakistan Ltd.
- Central Board of Revenue
- Civil Aviation Authority
- Cybersoft Technologies
- Cosmopolitan Enterprises
- Caltex Oil Pakistan Ltd.
- Descon Engineering
- Department of Auditor General of Pakistan
- Emirates Airlines
- Engro Chemicals Pakistan Ltd.
- Electronic Govt. Directorate Ministry of IT
- Ericsson Pakistan
- Faysal Bank Ltd.
- Federal Board of Revenue
- Ferozsons Laboratories
- Fauji Fertilizer Co. Ltd.
- Habib Bank Ltd.
- Hadayat Sons
- Hana Financial Group (South Korea)
- Horizon Construction Pvt. Ltd., WAK Group
- HMA Pumps Grundfos
- Haroon Textiles
- ICI Pakistan Ltd.
- ILM Society
- Income Tax Department
- Inov8 Ltd.
- International Power Global Development
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Itim Associates (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Ittehad Chemicals Ltd.
- Intellectual Property Organisation of Pakistan
- JS Investment Ltd.
- Karachi International Container
- KSB Pumps
- Lahore Electrical Supply Company (LESCO)
- Muslim Commercial Bank Ltd. (MCB)
- Meezan Bank
- Matrix Sourcing
- Network Solutions
- National Bank of Pakistan
- Pak Arab Refinery Ltd.(PARCO)
- Pakistan Army
- Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd
- Prime Commercial Bank
- Pakistan Navy
- Pakistan Air Force
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Schering Asia
- Service Sales Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Shakarganj Mills Ltd.
- Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital
- Shell Pakistan Ltd.
- Siemens Pakistan
- State Bank of Pakistan
- Sunrise Packages
- TCS (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Telenor Pakistan
- Teradata Corporation
- Unilever Pakistan
- Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA)
- Warid Telecom (Pvt.) Ltd.
- WorldCall Telecom Ltd.
* The medium of instruction at LUMS is English for all degree programmes offered. Assessments are accepted in English only.