Computer Science Colloquium
Department of Computer Science presents
"Physics Enabled Virtual Reality for Interactive Scientific Experimentation"
Dr. Muhammad Zaheer Aziz
PhD, University of Paderborn, Germany
Date: Friday, August 3, 2012
Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Venue: Smart Room, SSE Building, LUMS
• Role of VR in modelling, simulation, and research
• Functions of involved hardware and software- VR technologies, their evolution and current status
• Virtual physics and constrained motion
• Available technologies for simulated physics
• Simulating sensors and actuators
• Usual road map for constructing physics enabled virtual reality
• Demonstration of virtual reality using WebGL
• Demonstration of physics enabled simulation using Bullet
About the Speaker
Dr. Muhammad Zaheer Aziz received his PhD from University of Paderborn, Germany in active robotic vision. He is coordinating the collaboration between LUMS, NUST, COMSATS and GET Lab from Paderborn University under the support of DAAD. His areas of interest include biologically plausible robotic vision, image processing, modeling and simulation, and virtual reality.
To register for the colloquium, please click here.
Registration will close on Thursday, August 2 at 2:00 pm.