Minimum Eligibility Criteria for application submission
The admissions process at LUMS is competitive and transparent. Applications are assessed purely on the basis of merit. The basic requirements for applying to the PhD Programme in Management are as follows:
- Minimum of sixteen years of education leading to a Masters or Bachelor's* degree from a university recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan. 18 years of education will be preferred.
- Performance in Admision Test (GMAT, GRE or LMAT)
- Well-thought out statement of research purpose
- Interview performance
* Candidates holding only a bachelors degree of less than four years duration will be required to produce an equivalence certificate of completion of 16 years of education by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.
Candidates from a non-management/business academic background may be required to take additional modules/courses in the MBA Programme to provide them with the requisite background knowledge needed to successfully participate in the PhD Programme.
Admission Test for PhD Management
Applicants can either take LUMS Management Admission Test (LMAT) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) in order to be considered for admission.
LUMS Management Admission Test (LMAT)
LMAT is offered as an internal test of LUMS. Test format is typically based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The written part of the test is designed to assess the applicant's ability to think logically about a specific issue, reading and comprehension caliber, and capability to formulate ideas and communicate them effectively in English. The numerical portion of the test is designed to assess the quantitative skills of the applicants. LMAT will be conducted simultaneously in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad according to the dates specified at LUMS website.
LMAT taken more than two years before the admission deadline will not be considered valid.
GMAT / GRE
The deadline for GMAT / GRE for LUMS PhD Management Admissions is May 19, 2013. GMAT / GRE taken more than five years before the admission deadline will not be considered valid. You may obtain detailed information regarding GMAT / GRE by visiting www.mba.com / www.ets.org.
- To register for LMAT, applicants are required to submit their online admission application on or before the test registration deadline. Submission of online admission application is mandatory for taking LMAT.
- All applicants applying to the PhD Management Programme (for Fall 2013) can appear for a maximum of two LMATs during an admission cycle.