BSc (Honours) Management Science
The four-year BSc (Hons) in Management Science programme (MGS) is designed to develop students with a strong foundation in decision methods and data analytical techniques in business management. Students will learn to apply these concepts and techniques in providing new insights and improving operations and managerial decision-making processes across various business functions. A strong technical foundation will allow students the opportunity to pursue graduate studies or a professional career involving the application of business and data analytical skills.
The MGS programme has the following key learning objectives:
- Develop students with a broad technical skill set and the ability to critically analyse problems and apply necessary tools to support the decision-making processes
- Develop students with an understanding of the modern business environment so that they can appreciate the importance of business and data analytics across various business functions such as marketing, operations, HR, finance and accounting.
- Develop students with strong problem solving and analytical skills
The undergraduate programme has the following generic objectives:
- Develop students' intellectual capacity to engage in critical thinking, problem-solving and reasoning, enabling them to deal with complex business issues by integrating theory with practice.
- Develop understanding of the legal, social, political, economic, and technological environments.
- Provide students with opportunities to hone personal and interpersonal skills including effective communication to enable them to develop as independent, confident and reflective individuals who are capable of taking initiative, working in and leading teams.
Develop students who can appreciate the importance of sustainable and ethical practices and their role as socially responsible individuals within the local as well as global community