The MSc Economics programme has been designed to set a new standard in graduate level economics education in the country, and to meet the growing need for well-trained economists in both public and private sectors. The programme has two objectives: (a) to ground graduate students in coursework that meets international standards; and (b) to rigorously tool them in applied economics research, thereby enabling them to independently undertake international standard research. A good grounding in solid coursework will allow students to obtain admission to international PhD programmes. Alternatively, students can use cutting edge economics research skills in the private and public sectors, in regulatory bodies, in multilateral agencies and in academia. The combination of solid course work and rigorous and intensive applied research tooling makes the LUMS MSc Economics programme internationally unique.
The programme is suitable for the following candidates:
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in economics and sub-specialties
- Individuals planning for doctoral studies in economics, public policy and related disciplines
- Professionals from public sector, regulatory agencies and NGOs
- Mid-career professional economists
- Financial sector managers
* The medium of instruction at LUMS is English for all degree programmes offered. Assessments are accepted in English only.