Environment@LUMS: An Exposition of Environmental Research
The SarSubz LUMS Initiative presents a special exposition of environmental research at LUMS:
Environment@LUMS: An Exposition of Environmental Research at LUMS
Date: April 5, 2012
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Venue: Smart Lab - School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) Building, Ground Floor
- Dr. Karim Ahmed - Visiting Fulbright Scholar, Department of Biology, SBASSE and Board Member of the National Council for Science and Environment, USA
- Ahmad Rafay Alam, Department of Law, School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Law (MGSHSS)
- Dr. Abu Bakr Muhammad, Department of Electrical Engineering, SBASSE
- Dr. Noman ul Haq, MGSHSS
- Dr. Irshad Hussain, Department of Chemistry, SBASSE
- Dr. Zahid Riaz, Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB)
- Dr. Nauman Zafar, Department of Electrical Engineering, SBASSE
About the Event
This is a launching event for the SarSubz LUMS Initiative. The event will showcase a glimpse of some of the environment and sustainability-related research and scholarship happening at LUMS and all three of its Schools: SBASSE, MGSHSS and SDSB. Faculty members from all three Schools will present brief introductions to the various dimensions of environmental scholarship on which their own work focuses. The event will be moderated by Dr. Najam and will include short remarks from the enlisted speakers. This will be followed by a general Question/Answer and discussion session. Networking and refreshments will start from 5:30 p.m. onwards, with the event itself beginning at 6.00 p.m.