Market Exposure and Summer Placements
The Law and Policy Programme at LUMS strongly encourages its students to acquire familiarity with and training in various sectors of the legal profession through involvement in vocational experience over the summer breaks. As a programme that is particularly geared towards providing research-oriented and quality clinical legal education, one of its primary aims is to facilitate an interface between students and a myriad of legal and law-related vocations so as to create an impetus for bright and young students of today to plough back their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm into their future work environment and the legal profession in Pakistan.
Students from the law and policy programme are provided exposure to or interaction with the following organisations and law firms mainly through summer placements:
- Department of Law, Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP), Islamabad
- Punjab Planning & Development Center, Asian Development Bank (ADB), Lahore
- Research Society for International Law (RSIL), Lahore
- Minto & Mirza, Advocates, Lahore
- Vellani & Vellani, Advocates & Legal Consultants, Karachi
- Ramday Law Associates, Advocates, Lahore
- The News, Lahore
Further, activities such as academic and guest lectures are planned throughout the academic year, the main objectives of which are to provide the law and policy students with insight into the justice system, to inspire them in their study of law and policy, and to develop meaningful linkages with the market.