MS Computer Science
The MS in Computer Science programme aims at developing professionals who are equipped with skills to cope with the diverse and ever changing field of CS. The programme provides students with a solid theoretical foundation along with knowledge of latest trends in specialised areas.
The two-year MS Programme provides rigorous training that not only provides a reliable understanding of systems, processes and technologies but also equips them with the ability to design new and imaginative solutions to problems. Those applicants who have a background in CS can complete the programme in one-year by taking the required 30 credit hours.
Strengths of the MS Programme:
- A solid theoretical foundation is ensured through the core courses and prerequisite requirements
- Ability to understand the theoretical basis of problem-solving
Concentrated knowledge about latest trends in specialised areas
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Information Engineering and Management
- Networks and Distributed Systems
- Multimedia Systems and DSP
- Ability to understand and apply current research in these areas
- Technical management skills
- Flexibility to focus on one area
- Wide range of course offerings
- High quality full time faculty, active in research
- Opportunity to work as research assistants with the faculty
- Opportunity to continue into the PhD programme, upon clearing the Qualifier Exam
* The medium of instruction at LUMS is English for all degree programmes offered. Assessments are accepted in English only.
Generous Financial Aid and Scholarships available for qualifying students.