Pakistan is undergoing rapid change. We face challenges including an energy crisis, poverty, illiteracy, environmental degradation and low human development. At the same time, unprecedented investments are being made in infrastructure, our population is growing and amongst the youngest in the world, and we are rapidly urbanising. The Pakistan @ 100 project is an initiative to create greater debate on our country's long-term development vision and path, focusing on seven crucial themes as the country turns 100 in 2047.
The Pakistan @ 100 Essay and Vlog Competition invites young citizens to consider the problems our country will face in its journey towards development over the course of the next three decades, and to make recommendations for how to tackle these problems.
- Environmental Sustainability
- Global Connectivity
- Increasing Investment
- Inclusivity of Growth
- Structural Transformation
- Human Capital and Productivity
- Winner (PKR 50,000)
- Runners Up (PKR 30,000)
- Second Runners Up (PKR 20,000)
*Essay and Vlog entries will have seperate categories of winners.
*The best video entries will be shared on the World Bank Facebook page (2.1 million likes), and tweeted by the World Bank Country Director (81K followers).
- Participants must be aged between 16 and 25 years old
- Participation is limited to Pakistani nationals or residents
- Submission must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include either:
1) an original self-written essay in English or Urdu (1,500-2,000 words), or
2) an original 2-3 minute video
- Send in your contact details, CNIC or school ID (for those under 18), and area of origin along with the e-mail.
- You must submit only one original piece of work. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
Plagiarised, copied or otherwise dishonest work will be automatically disqualified.
-The organisers' decisions on awards and disqualifications, and all other matters related to the competition are final.
Deadline to submit entries: October 15, 2018