Shahid Hussain Foundation believes that communities thrive in an environment where access to healthcare is adequate, reliable and affordable and in line with this vision encourages research, debate, dialogue and discussion. The Foundation supports collaborations of practitioners and researchers to foster a culture of localised research and learning and for this, it has followed up on last year’s grant with an amount of PKR 4 million to support innovative research in Pakistan.
Areas of Research
- Social Determinants of Health
- Health Leadership — Decision-making and autonomy in Pakistan healthcare system
- Women and Health
- Healthcare System in Pakistan — organisational culture assessment
- Primary Care Settings in Pakistan Rear
- Infectious Diseases — Public sector challenges
How to Apply?
Eligible teams should present SHF with the following information:
1. Project Design and Implementation Strategy Document (4 pages), indicating how the research is
a. Innovative - Why is your research approach important/unique/improved?
b. Significant - Why is the study important?
c. Impactful - How will your findings/conclusions impact Public Health in Pakistan?
2. Scope of Work (1 page)
3. Detail any institutional partnerships
4. Team CVs -1 page per team member, incl. roles served and key achievements for each
5. Project Timeline (Funding spans one year, but projects can be shorter or longer) — provide Gantt chart, use Office Timeline Toolkit
6. Prior funding/parallel funding for same research
7. Sustainability plan -How will the project continue after this Grant?
8. Utilisation plan - How will you develop the research further, or make it available for reforms and on-ground implementation to result in impactful change?
To submit your proposals email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Apply?
The foundation is looking for multi-disciplinary academic and professional teams who are affiliated with LUMS, Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences and/or Fatima Memorial Hospital.
The Grant will support 3-4 applications, strictly depending upon the number and quality of applications received.
For more information click here
For questions email email@example.com