Dr. Zainab Riaz has joined us as Assistant Professor - Tenure Track in the Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB).
Dr. Riaz obtained her PhD in Construction Management from Loughborough University, UK in 2008. Her PhD research focuses on the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as an enabler for process improvement in the construction industry. She was a Fulbright Scholar at the Department of Civil Engineering, Columbia University, USA in 2015 and her recent research inquiries into how huge contribution of data by systems, infrastructure, government and citizens can be processed for improved citizen well-being and effective city management. She received her MSc in Management and Information Systems from Nottingham Trent University, UK in 2004 and MSc in Electronics from University of Peshawar in 1999. Prior to joining LUMS, she was associated with National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST) as Assistant Professor.
Dr Riaz has several prominent publications to her name, some of which are:
· Riaz, Z., Arslan, M., Kiani, A., and Azhar, S. (2014) CoSMoS: Confined Spaces Monitoring System, a BIM and Sensing Technology integration for construction Health and Safety. Automation in Construction. Volume 45, pp. 96 – 106.
· Riaz, Z., Edwards, D., Holt, G. and Thorpe, T. (2011) Data Flow Analysis of Plant and Equipment Health and Safety Management. Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology. Volume 9, Issue 2, pp. 178 – 203.
· Riaz, Z., Edwards, D. and Thorpe, T. (2006) SightSafety: A hybrid information and communication technology system for reducing vehicle/pedestrian collisions. Automation in Construction. Volume 15, Issue 6, pp. 719 – 728.
Her research interests include:
· Construction IT
· Open data for urban planning
· Management Information Systems
She has a keen interest in art history and loves to travel in her leisure time