The following fee structure is applicable for students paying full tuition fees. LUMS is proud to offer generous financial assistance to qualifying students, which ranges from partial to full coverage of tuition and living costs.
* "Kindly note, current student fees structure is related to FY 2015-16"
Standard Tuition Fee:
|252,000 per semester OR 21,000 per credit hour|
|117,000 per semester OR 19,500 per credit hour|
|343,500 per semester|
|320,750 per semester|
58,800 one-time charge
54,500 one-time charge
70,000 one-time charge
18,750 per semester
17,400 per semester
18,750 per semester
15,775 per semester
22,050 per semester
Lab Charges (For SBASSE Undergraduate programme only)
48,500 per semester
MBA SOP Charges
17,100 one-time charge
Security Deposit (Refundable)
16,000 one-time charge
|28,125 per semester|
|18,250 per semester|
Hostel Registration Fee
|1,700 per year|
Hostel Security (Refundable)
|14,000 one-time charge|
|3,750 per semester|
Hostel Charges for Summer Orientation Programme
|2,830 one-time charge|
|750 one-time charge|
Admission Application and Related Fees:
Application Processing Fee (BSc/ BA (Honours)/ BS/BA-LL.B/MBA/EMBA/PhD Management Programmes)
4,700 per program
Application Processing Fee (SBASSE MS/PhD Programmes/MS Economics)
950 per program
LUMS SBASSE Subject Test Registration Fee (SBASSE Undergraduate Programmes)
LGAT and LUMS SBASSE Subject Test Registration Fee (SBASSE MS/PhD Programmes)
Application Processing Fee International Student
- Tuition at LUMS - for all programmes except MBA and EMBA - is based on the number of credit hours taken.
- MBA and EMBA have a standard full-time tuition per semester.
- The cost per credit-hour at LUMS for undergraduate programmes for 2015-16 is PKR 21,000. Students will be responsible for buying their own books and other reading material.
- The cost per credit-hour at LUMS for graduate programmes (except MBA and EMBA) for 2015-16 is PKR 19,500. Students will be responsible for buying their own books and other reading material.
- 50% Merit Scholarship will be applicable on Tution Fee only for MS Physics, MS Chemistry, MS Biology and MS Mathematics programmes only
- For all undergraduate programmes at LUMS, full-time status requires 12 credit hours per semester. Students who have paid full-time tuition can take up to a maximum of 20 Undergraduate credit hours per semester without any additional charge (i.e., a student who has paid full-time tuition can take between 12-20 credit hours per semester without any extra charge).
- At the graduate level (except MBA and EMBA) tuition is calculated on the basis of credit-hours taken. Typically, full-time students enrolled in graduate degrees take 6 credit hours per semester.
- The tuition for the MBA programme is PKR 343,500 per semester and for the EMBA programme is PKR 320,750 per semester.
- SBASSE undergraduate students will be charged Lab charges for the maximum of 4 years only. SBASSE students who require to take courses beyond this will not be charged any additional Lab charges (if 4 years have already been charged).
- Part-time students are not eligible for financial aid or for on-campus accommodation.
- Fees are payable by semester according to the schedule given in the Annual Fee bill.
- Fees for Transfer, Visiting and Auditing students will be charged according to the standard per credit hour rate.
- Through an amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 by Finance Act 2013, advance tax (under section 236 I) shall be collected @ 5% on the entire amount of fee (if Student Payable exceeds Rs. 200,000/- per annum excluding the amount refundable).
- Advance tax paid on fee is adjustable at the time of filing of Income tax return. LUMS will issue Advance Tax Certificate in this regard at year-end.
- In case of withdrawal from the program, fee will be refunded according to the refund policy available at LUMS website.
- University fees are usually announced once each year, for the following academic year. However, tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Fee payment instructions are given on the fee voucher; LUMS also has an online payment facility.