- Oladoc: Outpatient Health Coverage for StudentsJanuary 29, 2024
The health of the LUMS students is of foremost importance to us.Oladoc: Outpatient Health Coverage for Students
Outpatient Health Coverage for Students
Outpatient coverage poses challenges worldwide. We have already established an on-campus medical center to address routine ailments essential for your well-being. However, we acknowledge the community's desire for additional options, particularly for those residing in hostels. In response to this need, Campus Health has established a partnership with Oladoc, a prominent digital healthcare platform provider, to enhance outpatient services and promote students' health and well-being.
Here are the benefits extended to students enrolled in the spring semester of 2024:
- Free video consultation with General Physicians
- Free video consultation with doctors Medical Specialists
- Free wellness video consultations (Psychologist, Nutritionist, Dietician)
- Up to 20% discount on physical/in-clinic consultations with doctors
- Up to 40% discount on lab tests booked through Oladoc
- Up to 10% discount on medicines ordered through Oladoc
7 days a week call center availability by a dedicated customer support team. For call center, dial 042 38900939.
All the above benefits are especially designed for LUMS students and their families.
- Download and open Oladoc app and select ‘login; option. Enter your LUMS official email address to proceed further.
- Select ‘Got a Health Plan’ option
- Enter your registered number and verify OTP
- Select ‘LUMS’ from the drop down list
- Enter your details and LUMS official email address and click ‘Connect’
For a visual guide, check out the details here
If still unsure, watch a step-by-step video tutorial here
- LUMS Health CollaborationsSeptember 20, 2023
LUMS has MOUs with the following laboratory and hospitals, providing the community with various benefits upon verifying their identity through the LUMS smart card.LUMS Health Collaborations
LUMS Health Collaborations
LUMS has MOUs with the following laboratory and hospitals, providing the community with various benefits upon verifying their identity through the LUMS smart card. The benefits include:
1. Dr. Essa Laboratory and Diagnostic Center:
- 50% discount on laboratory services
- 30% discount on radiology services
- 25% discount on dental services
- 10% discount on routine COVID PCR
- 50% discount on pre-employment and annual medicals
- Fee sample collection for the LUMS community residing within LUMS premises and in the surroundings of laboratory’s network branches in various cities
- Website: https://dressalab.com/
- Contact Number: 0320-4005368
2. Farooq Hospital:
- Flat 20 % discounts (excluding OPD) on hospital services, e.g., in-patient, emergencies, lab, and diagnostic services, upon showing LUMS smart card
- For priority OPD bookings, one can present a LUMS smart card on the counter or give details over the phone. However, LUMS community affiliates can get a privilege membership card on their first visit to Farooq Hospital, DHA, Lahore
- The Psychological and Psychiatric teams’ close collaboration with LUMS counselling and psychological services (CAPS) regarding the mental health challenges
- Twice a year, medical camps and regular awareness sessions are held (as per need and agreed schedule)
- Website: https://farooqhospital.com/farooq-hospital-dha-branch/
- Contact Numbers: 0330-0600800, 042-3570 9673, 042-3570 9938, 042-3572 9756
3. Integrated Medical Care (IMC) Hospital:
- The Hospital shall provide OPD, medical services, diagnostic facilities, and treatment options to patients referred by the qualified healthcare professionals at agreed-upon discounted rate of 10% to the rack rates. Please note, no discounts will be applied on outsourced Lab tests and MRI
- IMC hospital, in cooperation with LUMS’s healthcare professionals and students shall establish and operate free clinics at LUMS
- IMC shall offer clinical training opportunities, internships, and rotations for the LUMS’s healthcare management and allied students, providing them with hands-on experience in a real healthcare setting
- Website: https://www.imchospital.com.pk/
- Contact Numbers: 042-37178904, 0300-0341462
- Students' Health InsuranceSeptember 20, 2023
LUMS is providing health coverage to students through IGI General Insurance Pakistan.Students' Health Insurance
Students' Health Insurance
LUMS is providing health coverage to students through IGI General Insurance Pakistan. As per the revised policy 2023–2024 for students, the coverage for hospitalization (IPD) has been increased from Rs. 500,000 to Rs. 600,000 per year per student, while room rent has been elevated from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 15,000 per day. Additionally, this year's policy includes a range of new specialized investigations and day care procedures.
To take benefit from your health insurance, you must download IGI E-card by following the simple steps listed below:
- Click on the link: https://api.igiinsurance.com.pk/general_user_card/
- Enter your 'CNIC' with dashes/in case of foreigner write your ‘PASSPORT’ number
- Select Company Type as 'Conventional'
- Type 'Captcha'
- Click on 'Login'
- Your E-card will appear in a new window, click on 'Download/Print'
- Your E-card will appear in a browser page, depending upon the browser, you have to click the download icon and save it on your computer/mobile phone in a PDF format
You can use your IGI E-card for cashless in-patient medical treatment at any of the panel hospitals (list for panel hospitals).
For a detailed coverage policy and information on obtaining prior approval from the insurance company, please (click here). Keep in mind that prior approval from IGI is mandatory for non-panel hospitals, daycare procedures, and specialized investigations.
If you've already made a payment to the hospital for a covered medical treatment and wish to claim reimbursement, please fill out the (IPD Claim Form) and email it to email@example.com promptly upon discharge. Ensure that you include all required supporting documents as per the checklist available on the second page of the IPD claim.
- LUMS Medical CenterSeptember 20, 2023
In March 2018, LUMS signed an MOU with National Hospital and Medical Centre (NHMC) to develop and operate a “Health and Wellness Centre” on the University’s premisesLUMS Medical Center
LUMS Medical Center
In March 2018, LUMS signed an MOU with National Hospital and Medical Centre (NHMC) to develop and operate a “Health and Wellness Centre” on the University’s premises for the provision of emergency medical services to all members of the LUMS community. Later, it was renamed as “Medical Center”.
It comprises of the following exclusive features:
- Operates 24x7x365 to ensure round-the-clock medical care for the entire community
- Four-bed mini unit to cater for regular emergencies
- 24x7x365 professional doctor’s team from National Hospital & Medical Center is available
- Presence of professional male and female nursing staff
- Maintain digital record of the medical prescriptions through the Health Information Management System (HIMS)
- Medical Center is not equipped to handle serious medical conditions such as heart disorders, epilepsy, broken bones, brain hemorrhages, and similar emergencies. The primary purpose of the center is to provide medical treatment for general ailments, with a particular focus on walk-in patients. In case of severe medical emergency, only one intervention is performed, and the patient is immediately sent to the nearby hospital
You can contact LUMS Medical Center by using following information:
- For external dialing: 042 3560 8499-8500 (direct number)
- For internal dialing: 1111 or by dialing the LUMS external number, 042 3560 8000, and then dialing the required extension
- Health GuidelinesSeptember 20, 2023
The health of the LUMS students is of foremost importance to us.Health Guidelines
The health of the LUMS students is of foremost importance to us. As a vibrant community where students live, learn, and grow, it is crucial to follow health guidelines to ensure the well-being of one another.
- Keep your COVID vaccination status up to date with the required data on Zambeel
- Take regular showers and disinfect or wash your hands before eating anything
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or use tissue paper. Never cough, or sneeze into your hands or in the open air. Dispose of used tissues properly in designated bins
- Help keep the campus clean by avoiding littering
- Students must carry their personal hand sanitizers and use them when needed
- Smoking is prohibited and is allowed only in designated areas on the campus. Smoking in non-designated areas will result in student fines of Rs. 5,000 (first violation), Rs. 10,000 (second violation) and in case of third violation, the student will immediately be revoked of campus access privileges and hostel accommodation for the semester
As a community, it is important for us to be vigilant and observe protocols that will mitigate the risk of infection transmission to others.
Specific Guidelines in Case of Sickness
- If you experience symptoms such as fever, body aches, sore throat, frequent sneezing or coughing, blisters/red spots, or any other health issues (even milder ones), it is essential to practice social distancing, wear a mask and promptly visit the LUMS Medical Center for a checkup. If you are diagnosed as sick, please follow these guidelines:
- Students MUST wear a face mask in any enclosed premises or activities, such as lectures or training
- Wear a mask during outdoor gatherings as well
- Ensure that the face mask covers your nose and mouth completely. If you need to briefly remove it outdoors, secure it under your chin
- If you are certain that you have been exposed to someone with a contagious viral infection, specifically COVID-19, immediately consult with the doctor at the campus Medical Center
- Close contacts of infected students should take precautions such as masks and social distancing
(Definition of close contact: A close contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of at least 15 minutes over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection).
- If you have tested COVID positive, immediately notify LUMS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As soon as we find out that a COVID positive student has attended in-person classes LUMS will immediately notify the instructor of the course, the HOD, and the dean.
- In case of any contagious viral infection (including COVID-19, Monkeypox, Chickenpox, etc.), students are required to promptly isolate themselves from others and immediately return to their homes. Additionally, the parents or guardians of the affected student may be notified and requested to pick them up from campus. Upon recovery and returning to campus, the student must immediately obtain clearance from the doctor at the campus Medical Center before joining classes.
Additional Guidelines for Resident Students
In the case of any contagious viral infection (including COVID-19, Monkeypox, Chickenpox, etc.), students residing in the hostels will be relocated to an isolation facility. Their parents or guardian will be informed, and a choice/approach for treatment will be agreed upon depending on the changing situation, e.g., parents or guardian pickup, treatment in an agreed hospital with an attendant arranged by the family.
- Students will not be allowed to leave their rooms. Staff will help them access food
- The nursing staff from the Medical Center will take your vitals and coordinate with the doctor at the Medical Center
- You will have telephone access to the housing staff and the Medical Center (Ph: 042 3560 8000 ext. 8500)
- In case of serious symptoms, you will be moved to a hospital in consultation with your parents/guardians. Attendant and all expenses have to be arranged by your family and/or through your student insurance cover. You can return to campus once you have clearance from the hospital and from the LUMS Medical Center doctor
Health Support on Campus for all LUMS Students
- Nursing staff and doctors at the Medical Center are available 24 x 7 x 365
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test at the campus Medical Center
- Psychological support through Counselling & Psychological Services (CAPS) is available 24 x 7 x 365. For more details, you can visit https://caps.lums.edu.pk/
- Health insurance cover through IGI
Additional Health Support on Campus for Resident Students
- Isolation centers are available on the ground floor of M-5 for males and F-5 for females
- If the doctor recommends a lab test while the student is in the isolation center, then the student will bear the cost. The University has made arrangements with some credible pathology labs in Lahore to pick up onsite samples
- Psychological Support - Students feeling distressed are encouraged to seek help from campus counselors at 0307 024 7704 or email@example.com. For more details, you can visit https://caps.lums.edu.pk/
In Case of Violation
In case of a violation of the health guidelines, fines and penalties are imposed on students.
- First violation - a fine of Rs. 10,000
- Second violation – suspension for the semester including hostel accommodation (if availing)
For health-related questions, and support kindly email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free Medical ClinicsSeptember 20, 2023
LUMS presently operates two free clinics at its Medical Center and has ambitious plans to broaden this service by partnering with additional free clinics.Free Medical Clinics
Free Medical Clinics
LUMS presently operates two free clinics at its Medical Center and has ambitious plans to broaden this service by partnering with additional free clinics.
Information about the current free clinics is provided below:
a) Dermatology Clinic:
Keeping in view the everyday skin related problems, Dr. Qazi Hammad Ahmed; MBBS, FCPS (Derma), dermatologist consultant at the National Hospital & Medical Center, Lahore, is currently running this clinic for one hour every Tuesday.
b) Gynecology Clinic:
As per the demand and need for gynecological advice among our female community at LUMS, we therefore started a free gynecology clinic at the LUMS Medical Center in collaboration with Farooq Hospital. A qualified gynecologist is available every Friday for one to two hours.
Note: To avoid any inconvenience, individuals are advised to book a slot for the free clinic by presenting their LUMS smart card at the Medical Center desk.