Dr. Faiza Ali has joined us as Assistant Professor - Tenure Track in the Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB).
Dr. Ali obtained her PhD in Management from Macquarie University, Australia in 2013. Her PhD research inquiries into the prospects for equal employment opportunities for women in Pakistani organizations. She received her MBA from Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad in 2001 and MSc in Economics from University of the Punjab, Lahore in 1999. Prior to joining LUMS, she was associated with Liverpool John Moores University, UK as Senior Lecturer in Business Management.
Dr. Ali is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (UK) and Academic Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), UK.
Dr. Ali has numerous renowned publications to her name, some of which are:
· Murray, P., & Ali, F. (2016). Agency in decision making and the coping strategies of ethnic female employees. International Journal of Human Resource Management. DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2016.1166787
· Ali, F., & Kramar, R. (2015). An exploratory study of sexual harassment in Pakistani organisations. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 32(1), 229-249.
· Ali, F. (2013). A multi-level perspective on equal employment opportunity for women in Pakistan, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, 32(3), 289-309.
· Syed, J., & Ali, F. (2013). Contextual emotional labour: an exploratory study of Muslim female employees in Pakistan, Gender in Management: an International Journal, 28(4), 228-246.
Her research interests include:
· Diversity management
· Gender equality
· Cross cultural management issues