Dr. Faiza Ismail has joined LUMS as Assistant Professor-Tenure Track in the Shaikh Ahmed Hassan School of Law (SAHSOL).
Dr. Ismail obtained her Ph.D. in Business and Law from University College Dublin, Ireland in 2016. Her research examines legal and regulatory issues in the global Islamic finance industry, exploring Islamic finance case laws in the US, UK and Pakistan. Her research suggests that the global Islamic finance industry needs a legal and regulatory framework to sustain current growth in the international financial markets. She completed her LLM from Trinity College Dublin and LLB from SM Law College, Karachi in 2012 and 2005, respectively. Prior to joining LUMS, she was working with the Institute of Business Administration, Karachi as Research Consultant.
Her research interests include:
· Commercial Law
· International Finance Law
· Islamic Finance Law
1) “Islamic Finance in Europe – recent developments in Ireland” accepted to be published in the Company Lawyer.
2) “A Commentary on Islamic Finance case law in the US” (2015) 36 (4) Company Lawyer 123-128.
3) “Islamic Finance Eurozone Headquarter in Ireland – Is enough done to ensure the Middle East Investment streams through the International Financial Services Centre Ireland” (2013) 1 Commercial Law Practitioner 7-17.
4) “Guantanamo Bay – a human disaster as a consequence of disregard to International Laws” (2011) 1 European Law Student Association 109-140.