The COVID-19 is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans and does not currently have a vaccine or known treatment. It is highly contagious and can rapidly spread and infect large populations. Thus, it is imperative to protect and ensure the health and well-being of yourself and your loved ones.
Those infected with the COVID-19 will display the following symptoms:
- Coughing and sneezing
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
Though COVID-19 can infect anybody and is not limited to certain demographics, those with underlying medical conditions in particular the elderly are at high risk.
Here’s how you can protect yourself:
- Adhere to the Pakistan government’s order to limit your activities and practice social distancing
- Practice good hygiene and frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze; discard used tissues immediately
- Do not share items such as utensils, cups, bedding and towels
- Build your immunity
- If you display the symptoms, self-isolate, and promptly seek medical care
Busting COVID-19 Myths
- No breathing exercise can confirm the presence of COVID-19; a laboratory test is the best way to confirm its presence.
- Drinking hot water, or taking a hot bath does not prevent the spread of the disease.
- Currently no medicine or vaccines can provide protection against the virus. The vaccine for COVID-19 is still being developed.
- Antibiotics are not effective against the virus.