Applicants must meet the minimum eligibility criteria in order to be considered for admission to the PhD Management Programme.
Applicants are selected for admission to LUMS PhD Management Programme based on the following factors:
- Academic Record;
- Performance in the Admission Test*;
- Research Statement (Research Statement Template);
Two Letters of Recommendation;
- Completed and submitted application form and supporting documents by the stipulated deadline;
Application Review; and
- Interview (if called)
Note: This is the minimum criteria that applicants need to fulfill in order to be eligible to apply. Fulfillment of this criteria does not guarantee admission to LUMS.
* We are aware that the current COVID-19 crisis poses difficulties for applicants to submit test scores. Under the circumstances, you can apply to LUMS Graduate Programmes without test scores being submitted (if you haven’t taken the test yet). Applications can be submitted without the Test scores provided all other application components are complete upon submission.
If no Admission Test is scheduled due to the Test Center closure by April 30, 2021, LUMS will process applications using the available information. If shortlisted, applicants may then be asked to appear for an interview followed by a conditional acceptance if you are successful. Once, test centres are functional, they will need to sit for the test and attain the minimum test score required by the University.
A minimum of 18 years of education is required for applying to the Ph.D. Management Programme.
Applicants are required to have obtained their Undergraduate and/or Graduate degrees related to Management, including but not limited to Economics, Accounting, Finance, and Operations. We welcome applications from other fields as well, especially from Social Sciences and Engineering, but such applicants may be required to complete some non-credit coursework.
Applicants who have obtained their degrees from institutions that are not listed with the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, will be required to obtain an Equivalence Certificate from the HEC. For further information, visit: www.hec.gov.pk
As a minimum academic performance, all applicants must have obtained a CGPA of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4) or First Division (60% in the annual system) in their Master’s degree (MPhil/MS/Equivalent).
Applicants completing their last degree by May 30, 2021, are also eligible to apply.
Applicants are required to take One (1) of the following tests in order to be considered for the Fall 2021 admissions:
The LUMS code for receiving GMAT/GRE (General) scores from Pearson and ETS is 0679.
The deadline to take the GMAT/GRE (General) is April 30, 2021.
If no Admission Test is scheduled due to the Test Center closure by April 30, 2021, LUMS will process all such applications using the available information. If shortlisted, applicants may then be asked to appear for an interview followed by a conditional acceptance (if accepted for the Programme). Once, test centres are functional, shortlisted applicants will need to sit for the test and attain the minimum test score required by the University.
GMAT/GRE taken more than five years before the admission deadline will not be considered valid.
Apart from official test scores that LUMS will require directly from Pearson and Educational Testing Service (ETS), USA, applicants must submit online a copy of the unofficial GMAT/GRE (General) scores as soon as they take the test.
If the applicant has taken more than one test, the best score will be considered for the application evaluation.
The admission application will be considered for evaluation after the successful completion of the following Four (4) STEPS by the applicants on or before the stipulated deadlines:
- Online Admission Application submission;
- Online submission of scanned copies of required supporting documents;
- Submission of an appropriate Application Processing Fee; and
- Online submission of the Letters of Recommendation by the Referees.
Application Processing Fee
- The application processing fee of Rs. 6,500
- The application processing fee of USD 100 for International applicants.
- Applicants must complete and submit their Online Admission application on or before May 04, 2021; 5:00 pm (PKT).
- Applicants are required to submit Online the scanned copies of all supporting documents on or before May 07, 2021.
- After the successful submission of the Online application, applicants must make the Processing Fee payment by the deadline.
- Referees must submit completely filled the Letters of Recommendation by the given deadline.
Completion of all steps is mandatory. Applications, documents, or fee received after the stipulated deadline will not be processed.
Note: Full financial support is offered to all incoming Ph.D. Management students for 4 years.
Application Review/Interview Performance
Shortlisted applications will be reviewed by the relevant committee to finalise the admission decision. Applicants are encouraged to provide complete information regarding their academic achievement, research reports, attended workshops, extracurricular activities, and must tell LUMS about their success stories in order to substantiate their applications.
A Merit ranking to shortlist applicants for interviews will be generated based on the Academic Performance, Work experience, and GMAT/GRE (General) scores. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the interviews.
Letters of Recommendation
Minimum two (2) Letters of Recommendation are compulsory for applying to the Ph.D. Management Programme.
Applicants are required to submit a well-developed research proposal. The Ph.D. dissertation will require substantive empirical work and is intended to extend knowledge on a particular subject of interest to the management academic community.