Tue, Mar 01 2022 to Fri, Mar 11 2022
The central topic of the school is the mutual interaction of algebra, combinatorics, and geometry. Objects of research in algebraic geometry are affine as well as projective varieties and their associated invariants which can be studied using methods from algebra and combinatorics. Toric and tropical varieties are instances where such kinds of approaches were and still are very successful. In discrete geometry cones, graphs, hyperplane arrangements and matroids are examples of research subjects that naturally play prominent roles in algebra and discrete mathematics. The lectures range from the foundations to recent results and applications of the relevant theory.
The deadline for all applications to attend the school, get funding and proposing a talk or a poster is November 19, 2021. For further details, click here.
Following speakers will represent the school:
- Sara Faridi, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS, Canada
- Sara Saeedi Madani, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran &Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM), Iran
- Tai Huy Ha, Tulane University, New Orleans, USA
- Hannah Markwig, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen, Germany
- Tim Römer, Universität Osnabrück, Germany
- Kaie Kubjas, Aalto University, Aalto Finland
- Nguyen Dang Hop, Hanoi Institute of Mathematics, Vietnam
- Shaheen Nazir, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore